Difference between revisions of "Relax 4.1.3"
(Created a skeleton relax 4.1.3 release page by copying from the 4.1.2 page.)
(Conversion of the direct links.)
|(9 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|Line 30:||Line 33:|
|Line 35:||Line 39:|
|Line 40:||Line 56:|
Revision as of 12:06, 14 June 2019
|relax version 4.1.3|
|Release type||Minor bugfix|
|Release date||14 June 2019|
|The relax 4.1.3 user manual|
This is a minor bugfix release that re-enables the reading of Bruker Dynamics Center NOE data files.
The new relax versions can be downloaded from http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html. If binary distributions are not yet available for your platform and you manage to compile the binary modules, please consider contributing these to the relax project (described in section 3.6 of the relax manual, http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_distribution_archives.html).
(14 June 2019, from master)
- FSF Copyright Validation configuration: Blacklisted the PDF user manual. This allows the checking of relax tags to pass.
- Release checklist document: Describe the relax fork of latex2html.
- API manual: No longer raise errors when parsing the pystarlib docstrings.
- Release checklist document: Minor improvements to match the practical aspects of the release.
- User manual: Proper abbreviation of the "Quarterly Reviews of Biophysics" journal name.
- Test suite: New system test to catch the failure of reading newer Bruker DC NOE data files. The system test is Bruker.test_bug_15_NOE_read_fail and it catches bug #15. The test uses truncated data from Stefano Ciurli as attached to the bug report.
- Bruker DC: Silence the warnings about spin names already existing. The user does not need to see such warnings.
- Travis CI config: Explicitly set
trustyas the distribution name for the default images. In the support request titled Failure of GUI testing via xvfb, the Travis CI support staff suggested that we explicitly set
- Bruker DC: A different way to silence the warnings about spin names already existing. The previous attempt at setting the force flag to
Truewas causing failures in a number of system tests. Therefore a new flag
warn_flaghas been added to pipe_control.mol_res_spin.name_spin() to allow warnings to be explicitly silenced.
- Travis CI config: Use Xenial for running all tests on Linux and Python 2.7. This is from the support request titled Failure of GUI testing via xvfb.
- Travis CI config: Manual support for old SciPy versions on Python 2.7. SciPy 1.3.0 now requires Python ≥ 3.5. Therefore the
OLD_MATPLOTLIBvariable has been renamed to
OLD_PY2_PACKAGESand, when set, is now used to install old matplotlib and scipy versions when using Python 2.7.
- Travis CI config: Deactivate the Mac OS X updates to avoid timeouts. The
brew upgrade python3take up half of the build time for the Mac OS X target. This large amount of time sometimes causes this build to hit the Travis CI time limits.
- Bruker DC: Support for handling newer versions of the NOE data file. This fixes bug #15, the failure to read newer versions of the Bruker DC NOE data files. This was simply a parsing issue as the NOE column is now
NOE [ ]whereas previous DC versions used the text
For reference, the announcement for this release can also be found at following links:
Softpedia also has information about the newest relax releases:
- Softpedia page for relax on GNU/Linux.
- Softpedia page for relax on MS Windows.
- Softpedia page for relax on Mac OS X.
If you would like to receive announcements about new relax versions, please subscribe to the relax announcement mailing list. This list only receives ~10 emails per year. It is archived at the SourceForge archives and in The Mail Archive.
- The combined release notes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release descriptions for all relax versions.
- The combined release metadata for all relax versions.
- The combined release features for all relax versions.
- The combined release changes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release bugfixes for all relax versions.
- The combined release announcement links for all relax versions.