|relax version 3.3.8|
|Release type||Minor bugfix|
|Release date||2 April 2015|
|The relax 3.3.8 user manual|
This is a minor bugfix release which allows the relax GUI to be used on screens with the low resolution of 1024x768 pixels.
The new relax versions can be downloaded from http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html. If binary distributions are not yet available for your platform and you manage to compile the binary modules, please consider contributing these to the relax project (described in section 3.6 of the relax manual, http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_distribution_archives.html).
(2 April 2015, from /trunk)
- Fix for the pipe_control.reset.reset() function when resetting the GUI in non-standard contexts. This is mainly for debugging scripts when simulating a GUI and hence the GUI reset() method does not exist.
- Created a GUI memory management debugging script for the align_tensor.init user function. This repetitively calls the reset, pipe.create and align_tensor.init user functions, and opening the GUI element for setting alignment tensor elements (the Sequence window). The pympler muppy_log file shows no memory leaks for these user functions on Linux systems.
- Resized all fixed-sized GUI wizards to fit on 1024x768 pixel wide displays. The problem was reported by Lora Picton in the thread starting at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.user/1813. Both the spin loading wizard of the spin viewer window and the relaxation data loading wizard used currently in the model-free analysis tab and BMRB export page were fixed. These both had the y-dimension set to 800 pixels, hence parts of the window would be out of view.
For reference, the announcement for this release can also be found at following links:
- Official release notes on the relax wiki.
- Gna! news item.
- Gmane mailing list archive.
- The Mail Archive.
- Local archives.
- Mailing list ARChives (MARC).
Softpedia also has information about the newest relax releases:
- Softpedia page for relax on GNU/Linux.
- Softpedia page for relax on MS Windows.
- Softpedia page for relax on Mac OS X.
If you would like to receive announcements about new relax versions, please subscribe to the relax-announce mailing list using the relax-announce info page. This list only receives ~10 emails per year. It is archived at Gmane (thread, blog, NNTP, RSS), in the local archives, in The Mail Archive, and in the MARC (Mailing list ARChives).
- The combined release notes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release descriptions for all relax versions.
- The combined release metadata for all relax versions.
- The combined release features for all relax versions.
- The combined release changes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release bugfixes for all relax versions.
- The combined release announcement links for all relax versions.