|relax version 1.2.5|
|Release date||20 July 2006|
|The relax 1.2.5 user manual|
This is mainly a bugfix release. A large number of bugs have been eliminated including bug #5977, bug #6288, bug #6383, bug #5806, bug #6384, bug #6388, bug #6389, and bug #5746. These are described in more detail below. To fix a few of these bugs large disruptive changes were required. This included the change of the local τm parameter name from 'tm' to 'local_tm' and the simplification of the model-free model_statistics() function and modification of the model-free calculate() function. Therefore regressions and new bugs may appear in this release, most likely when the local τm parameter is encountered or during model selection.
The new relax versions can be downloaded from http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html. If binary distributions are not yet available for your platform and you manage to compile the binary modules, please consider contributing these to the relax project (described in section 3.6 of the relax manual, http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_distribution_archives.html).
(20 July 2006, from /1.2)
- The data analysis chapter has been split into four: The NOE, relaxation curve-fitting, model-free, and reduced spectral density mapping chapters.
- A section called the The core design of relax has been added to the development chapter of the manual.
- The Values, gradients, and Hessians chapter of the manual is now complete. These are all the equations used during optimisation.
- The Hessian kite diagram and the gradient construction diagram have been added to the Values, gradients, and Hessians chapter of the manual.
- The distribution archives now unpack to the directory 'relax-x.x.x' rather than just 'relax', where x.x.x is the version number.
- All chapters of the manual have been edited and proofed.
- The Sparky and XEasy peak intensity reading functions have been split to allow the easy addition of new peak intensity file types.
- Test of AIC model selection between diffusion tensors added to the test suite. (To catch bug #5746)
- Changing of the local τm parameter name of 'tm' to 'local_tm' to distinguish it from the global tumbling time 'tm'. (Preparation for fixing bug #6384)
- Fix of bug where self.relax.data.select_sim was treated as a list. (bug #5977)
- The value.copy function now handles the value of None. (bug #6288)
- The global flag is now set by the relax_data.delete function. (bug #6383)
- The model-free model_statistics() function now tests for the presence of relaxation data. (bug #5806)
- Sorting of global from local parameters in generic_fns/value.py simplified and fixed by changing the parameter name 'tm' to 'local_tm'. (bug #6384)
- Model-free parameters now set in the OpenDX mapping test of the test-suite. (bug #6388)
- Failure of model elimination because of a 'local_tm' and 'tm' mix up. (bug #6389)
- Modification of the model-free calculate() function and elimination of the 'combined' flag from the self.model_statistics() function. (bug #5746)
For reference, the following links are also part of the announcement for this release:
If you would like to receive announcements about new relax versions, please subscribe to the relax announcement mailing list. This list only receives ~10 emails per year. It is archived at the SourceForge archives and in The Mail Archive.
- The combined release notes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release descriptions for all relax versions.
- The combined release metadata for all relax versions.
- The combined release features for all relax versions.
- The combined release changes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release bugfixes for all relax versions.
- The combined release announcement links for all relax versions.