|relax version 1.2.6|
|Release type||Major bugfix|
|Release date||21 July 2006|
|The relax 1.2.6 user manual|
A quick release to fix the fatal 'devnull' ImportError (bug #6403). This bug effects those using Python versions < 2.4 and prevents relax from starting up. The solution was to import the object using a try statement to allow execution of the program. However if relax ever attempts to use 'devnull' a RelaxError is thrown, a message saying to upgrade to Python ≥ 2.4 is printed, and the program terminates. This is currently only a problem in the test-suite.
The new relax versions can be downloaded from http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html. If binary distributions are not yet available for your platform and you manage to compile the binary modules, please consider contributing these to the relax project (described in section 3.6 of the relax manual, http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_distribution_archives.html).
(21 July 2006, from /1.2)
- Added the missing PDB file used by one of the OpenDX tests of the relax test-suite. (bug #6404)
- Fixed the fatal devnull import failure for Python versions < 2.4. (bug #6403)
For reference, the following links are also part of the announcement for this release:
If you would like to receive announcements about new relax versions, please subscribe to the relax announcement mailing list. This list only receives ~10 emails per year. It is archived at the SourceForge archives and in The Mail Archive.
- The combined release notes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release descriptions for all relax versions.
- The combined release metadata for all relax versions.
- The combined release features for all relax versions.
- The combined release changes for all relax versions (warning, this is very large).
- The combined release bugfixes for all relax versions.
- The combined release announcement links for all relax versions.